Frequently Asked Questions
Benefits of having an AXXE custom tailored wetsuit
- You will be able to build an original wetsuit using your favorite colors, prints and our much researched and developed original premium materials that can accommodate each individuals needs.
- Biomechanically designed to create stress free, comfortable, and functional wetsuits. Putting less stress on the seams and materials will help prolong the life of the wetsuit. A common misconception is that a wetsuit must fit extremely tight like some kind of second skin. A wetsuit that is too tight is uncomfortable, restricts movement/circulation, and prevents flushing that is needed for the warmth of the wearer. Many of our customers remark that their wetsuit has a “loose” feel. A little wiggle room allows for greater range of motion, warmth and comfort.
- Most of all, based on our customers feedback, AXXE wetsuits are known for their warmth. We have been told that many are able to stay in the water longer to enjoy their surf. If you are holding back from surfing due to cold water, this wetsuit may give you an additional few more hours.
General questions about the wetsuit
- Where are the wetsuits made? They are handmade at our factory in Japan.
- Will this wetsuit keep me dry? No, as it is not a dry suit. It is normal for water seep in and warm up to your body temperature. This is the inherit function of a wetsuit.
- How long will my wetsuit last? No wetsuit is indestructible. The lifespan of wetsuit is the result of how well you care for it and how often you use it. However, rubber will start drying out and cracking eventually (generally after 2-3 years). Neoprene, on the other hand, tends to age better though is not as warm as rubber.
How to get measured and what to expect
- Where do I go to get measured for a wetsuit? Shops that carry our wetsuits are ready and willing to measure customers for a custom wetsuit. Please see our DEALER page for more information on the shop locations. If location or circumstance prevents measurement at a shop, we are happy to assist you directly. Please contact us at email@example.com or call us at 760- 820-7355.
- How long does it take to be measured for a wetsuit? Usually takes between 30-45 minutes. The shops that carry our wetsuits are familiar with our measuring techniques and would require less time.
- What if there is no dealer near me? Simply send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 760- 820-7355. and we can make it happen.
How to care for my wetsuit?
- Can I wash the wetsuit with detergent or hot water? Absolutely not. DO NOT WASH THE WETSUIT IN WARM WATER OR USE ANY SOAP OR CLEANING AGENTS. This will compromise the integrity of the materials and/or damage the wetsuit. Always rinse with cool water and hang to dry in a shaded area.
- Can I hang the wetsuit in the sun to dry? Absolutely not. DO NOT HANG THE WETSUIT IN THE SUN OR LEAVE NEAR ANY KIND OF HEAT SOURCE. This will compromise the integrity of the materials and/or damage the wetsuit. Always rinse with cool water and hang to dry in a shaded area.
Repairs & Warranty
- If my wetsuit is damaged, how can I get it repaired? If your wetsuit has been damaged, you can either contact the shop where the wetsuit was purchased or contact us directly and we will facilitate the repair. Please be sure to provide photos and a detailed description of the damaged area requiring repair to email@example.com or call us at 760- 820-7355..
- Do you offer a warranty? Yes. Our wetsuits are backed by a one year manufacturers warranty. Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 760- 820-7355.. for details.
- Is there a return policy for your wetsuits? No. Our wetsuits are handcrafted for each customer, creating a wetsuit that is unique to that particular individual, so there is no return policy available.
Shipping & Receiving
- How long will it take to receive my wetsuit after ordering? Turnaround time usually fluctuates with the season, with a higher demand for wetsuits near colder months (usually September through February). Expect prompt delivery of your wetsuit in approximately 3 to 5 weeks. A shipping date will be provided upon order confirmation.
- Do you ship internationally? Yes.
- Do you charge for shipping? Shipping is included in the price.
Types of wetsuits available
- Do you offer stock size wetsuits? No, we do not offer stock size wetsuits. However, some of our dealers carry stock size jackets and vests. Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com or call us at 760-820-7355. and inquire as to which shops in your area carry our jackets and vests.
- Do you make custom wetsuits for children? Yes.
Neoprene vs Rubber
- What is the difference between rubber and neoprene? Rubber is ideal for use in cold water/winter conditions due to its ability to shield the wearer from wind chill and lock in needed body heat. Rubber is not as durable as neoprene, so it is more vulnerable to hazards such as rocks, fingernails, fins, etc. Neoprene tends to age better against wear and tear and is available in a variety of colors, whereas rubber only comes in black.